As the More is More Mom®, I’m all about……more movie dates! Even though we’ve been working like crazy these days, Chuck and I found ourselves with a few free hours over the weekend. The big question, of course, was how to spend them? While eating out can be great, to us, there is nothing like catching a quick flick at the Megaplex. At the top of my list was Safe House.
Part of the movie going experience is the coming attractions………
- 21 Jump Street Though I am a sucker for nostalgia, I never watched 21 Jump Street, so I’m just not invested. While Jonah Hill looks great, and I think he did a swell job in Moneyball, he’s not one of my fav’s. Selfish, stoned and stupid doesn’t do it for me. Apparently I am showing my age, because I don’t know Channing Tatum. I understand he was in The Notebook (not a fan of schmaltz) and I see that he can currently be found at a Cineplex near you in The Vow. He actually looks pretty cute. I may catch this one on cable….
- Acts of Valor I’m mostly a comedy gal, but I have been known to be riveted by well told stories of war; Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, Navy Seals (two pictures starring Charlie Sheen!), Full Metal Jacket. Acts of Valor may be another winner
- Good Deeds Though I haven’t followed his work, I have always liked Tyler Perry when I have seen him on Oprah. I’m just thankful this isn’t another Madea Movie!
- The Bourne Legacy The Jason Bourne trilogy, starring Matt Damon, was really exceptional. I just love a good action hero. My favorites are Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson (Lethal Weapon 1,2,3,4 and Braveheart). I’m old school. I never did have a chance to see The Hurt Locker, but I thought Jeremy Renner was great in The Town. I would definitely pay full price on a Saturday night to check out The Bourne Legacy.
- Battleship Seriously, another movie based on a board game? They tried it with Clue and that was a stinker (though Tim Curry is always awesome! The first time I ever saw him on screen was when I was a teenager seeing The Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight). What’s next; Monopoly and Candyland?
While the previews weren’t overwhelmingly exciting, I was pretty psyched to see my current ultimate movie-star boyfriend Ryan Reynolds (I like ‘em handsome, with height and humor!). The first time I ever saw him was on the TV series Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place. Since then I’ve adored him in Just Friends, Definitely Maybe, and The Proposal. He has that kind of Burt Reynolds type charm and humor (maybe it’s a Reynolds thing).
I know my boy has done action, but he’s reached new heights by teaming up with the incomparable Denzel Washington. That man is beautiful! He hasn’t aged a day in 30 years.
Ryan Reynolds plays Matt Weston, a rookie CIA operative who finds himself on the run with fugitive Tobin Frost, Denzel, a rogue CIA intelligence officer. With mercenaries hot on their trail, Matt Weston doesn’t know who to trust as he attempts to deliver Frost safely to the authorities. Fast paced intense action; it was awesome!
More movie date nights, more previews, more popcorn, more Ryan Reynolds…….
Please visit me at http://vanessanunleydesigns.com to learn more about my Interior Design services.
To schedule an Interior Design or Life Style consultation, or for any questions or comments, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org